We know metal isn’t for microwaves. It results in fireworks, and then electronic death. But grapes? I guess we never thought to try.
Apparently, if you slice the grape in half, the microwaves will pass through the tiny piece of skin that keeps them connected, drying it out. Once dry, the waves leave the skin and enter the air, causing a spark.
“The spark is a result of the electrons being ripped away from the atoms by the wave. These free electrons can compound on themselves, through a process called ‘runaway breakdown,’ and cause a massive surge of plasma.”
AAAAANYWAY. It looks awesome, check it out: